Hammer Tutorial V2 Series #12 “Input and Output overview”
The following special targetnames can be used to dynamically select an entity.
Note:Not all entity parameters can evaluate these targetnames.
Note:When used in an output’s parameter override field, targetnames are evaluated by the entity that receives the output, not the one that sends it. This can change what is pointed to.
- The entity that began the current I/O chain. If a player walks into a trigger that fires a logic_relay, the player is the
!activatorof the relay’s output(s).
- The previous entity in the current I/O chain. If a player walks into a trigger that that fires a logic_relay, the trigger is the
!callerof the relay’s output(s).
- The entity from which the current output originates. If a player walks into a trigger that that fires a logic_relay, the relay is the
!selfof its output(s).
- The player. Only useful in singleplayer.
Tip:To target all players in a server, use
- The first player found in the entity’s Potential Visibility Set. The PVS used is taken from the entity doing the searching, or the activator if no searching entity exists. If no activator exists either, the first player in the game is returned (i.e.
- The entity at which the
!calleris looking due to a Look At Actor or Face Actor choreography event.
- The first solid entity under the player’s crosshair. Only useful in single-player, and mostly only for debugging. Non-solid entities cannot be selected since the invisible “bullet” that is fired does not hit them.
Ainslie Pasql liked this post