What are some tips and tricks to make mapping easier and faster?
Now this is a good one. There are many things that I do to make mapping easier and faster. I’ll make a bullet list so it’s easiest on you!
- Save early, save often… Beat CTRL+S like the red-headed step child you never loved.
- Setting these options will make your life much much easier.
- Listen to music/watch TV whilst you map. I do it, and it makes time fly.
- There is no shame in reusing something you’ve already made. Work smarter, not harder.
- Learn Hammer’s hot keys. They will save you loads of time. Here is a list of hotkeys!
- Map with a goal.
- Working breaks – If you’re in a rut, and are not motivated, take a break. Either step away for a few days, or working on something that has such a small scope you can’t work on it for more than 15 hours. I’ve done with with 3 levels. Check out my Working Break projects here: